Long Term Care:
Q: Are Electronic Payments offered for Medicare Supplement Products?
Q: How do I submit a claim?
BASIC BENEFITS Included in all plans:
After the 90th day of hospitalization, the current lifetime reserve co-payment amount will be paid until the insured uses up all of his or her 60 Lifetime Reserve Credit Days.
1. If you want claims to be submitted directly to Bankers after Medicare has paid, the following needs to be completed on your electronic submission to Medicare. 2330B loop (Other Payer Information) needs to be completed.
2. Enter on NM101: PR (payer)
3. Enter on NM102: 2 (non Person entity)
4. Enter on NM103: Bankers Life & Casualty
5. Enter on NM108: PI (payer identification code)
6. Enter on NM109 : 55000
1. In Box 9 enter the last name, first name and middle initial of the insured if it is different from that shown in block 2.
2. 9A Enter the policy number of the insured proceeded by Medigap, MG or MGAP.
3. 9C Enter the Bankers administrative mailing address. (PO Box 1935, Carmel, IN 46082-1935)
4. 9D Enter the 5 digit Medicare ID code 55000
Our general policy for paying Medicare Claims is based on Medicare's approval of the claim. If Medicare approves the claim for payment we will consider the coinsurance due and or deductable amounts based on Medicare's approved amounts. (Percentages may vary based on the plan.) If you are seeking pre-approval on a medical visit or procedure, please contact Medicare.
No. For a policyholder to enter the hospital, they do not need to contact Bankers for pre-certification. However to guarantee the visit or procedure will be approved by Medicare, please contact Medicare.
For Medicare Supplement: Send a copy of Medicare's Explanation of Benefits to:
Policy Benefits Dept.
PO Box 1935
Carmel, IN 46082-1935
If you no longer wish to have access to policy and claim information through the Healthcare Provider Services site, please contact our Customer Service Center to delete your online account.
Long Term Care:
Q: Are Electronic Payments offered for Long Term Care Products?
At this time, Electronic Payment and Electronic Explanation of Benefits are not offered on Long Term Care Products.
Currently the only way is to contact our Customer Service Department at:
Note: We have a project underway that will make this available on-line in the not too distant future.
Contact our Customer Service Department at 800-621-3724 during regular business hours 7am-7pm CST.
For Long Term Care and Home Health Care, send all requested documents to:
Bankers Life and Casualty Co.
PO Box 1902
Carmel, IN 46082-1902